Re: [News] Windows Viruses to Exceed 1,000,000 in Number, Linux Users Pay the Toll

Roy Schestowitz wrote:

> The Dirty Secret Behind 1,000,000 Viruses
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | But there's something missing in this paragraph ? and, indeed, in the
> | whole story: it's the word ?Windows?. This is the dirty secret behind
> | viruses: they are overwhelmingly found on Windows systems. The huge,
> | global cost of viruses is just one of the hidden extra fees that we all,
> | collectively, must pay when others use Microsoft Windows. Pity Microsoft
> | doesn't use some of its extensive cash holdings to compensate victims of
> | its poor coding.
> |
> | Now, of course, if all the world used GNU/Linux, that wouldn't mean that
> | viruses would cease to exist: the focus of malware would shift, and
> | viruses would become more common for that system too. But you can bet
> | they'd be far harder to write, and that there would be far less than a
> | million.
> `----
>
> http://www.computerworlduk.com/toolbox/open-source/blogs
index.cfm?blogid=14&entryid=685

Just like the music industry levies a tax on piracy,
an economic levy on virus should be levied against micoshaft.
Its to compensate the tax payer against unrecoverable costs
that micoshaft are able to get away with by being lax on
security whilst being an effective monopoly.