Re: [News] Request for Norway's OOXML vote to be annulled and for an official investigation

____/ netcat on Tuesday 01 April 2008 01:44 : \____

> On Mon, 31 Mar 2008 22:52:16 +0200, Clogwog wrote:
>
>> "netcat" <netcat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> schreef in bericht
>>> http://www.groklaw.net/
>>>
>>> Monday, March 31 2008 @ 02:47 PM EDT
>>>
>>> "There has now been a formal protest filed, stating that due to
>>> irregularities, Norway's Yes vote should be changed to No and
>>> informing ISO that there has been a request for an investigation
>>> by the Norwegian Ministry of Trade and Industry..."
>>>

>> Despite that protest, ISO will announce on wednesday that
>> Microsoft Open XML will get ISO certification.
>
> That's not what the article says. It only says that the result will
> be announced then.
>
> Assuming they do win the vote, MS themselves have ensured that it
> will be a hollow victory. Having two ongoing investigations into
> "irregularities" in the voting, with either investigation very
> possibly resulting in an overturning of the vote and repeal of the
> standard, will leave the OOXML standard's status in doubt among
> potential adopters. Meanwhile, the many other complaints and reports
> of Microsoft's unethical and possibly illegal interference, and the
> many OOXML issues and questions that were never addressed as a
> result of their MS's stacking of the committees and short-circuiting
> of the problem-resolution process, will leave many customers
> wondering if OOXML is truly open and whether MS can really be
> trusted not to pull any fast ones should they invest their money and
> their data in OOXML?
>
> From the ODF perspective, this is a far better outcome than anyone
> could have expected even a few weeks ago. There was never any doubt
> that MS would eventually get what they wanted. However, the way
> they've gone about winning will negate any victory and work to the
> benefit of ODF.
>
> We could use a few more MS wins like this. :-)

As I said before, it's a treasure trove of Microsoft crimes that are spread all
around the world. Thank you, Microsoft.

Each country you name, you can find a recent Microsoft dirty trick/fraud there.

The posts people make are intended to raise awareness of the issues and have
them _documented_. Whether Microsoft gets ISO or not is irrelevant. Denmark
and Norway have openly said that ISO won't make a difference to them _at all_
(they have pro-ODF policies).

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: ~70% of organisms are bacteria
Tasks: 128 total,   1 running, 127 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie