Re: Adobe joins Linux Foundation

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 31 March 2008 17:13 : \____

>> ____/ ray on Monday 31 March 2008 16:13 : \____

>>> In reading the article, I see no mention that adobe might be porting their
>>> software to Linux - the only mention is of 'web apps' - presumably like
>>> their recent 'photoshop express' which is not really very usable and
>>> pretty much irrelevant when it comes to significant photo manipulation.
>>
>> Web apps is their vocation. They said it last year. They foresee everything
>> going Web based.
>>

> Yeah, but they clearly see that the public will be using Linux clients,
> which is why they've joined the Linux Foundation.

The best software for the simple job. It down to the server and the Web
browser, both of which are a commodity.

"The danger is that Microsoft is using strategic monopolistic pricing in the
education market, with the government’s assistance, to turn our state
university systems into private workforce training programs for Microsoft."
                --Nathan Newman