[News] Embedded Space Seemingly All Linux

>From the press:

MontaVista Software Supports Embedded Linux Commercialization for New Xilinx
Virtex-5 FXT FPGAs

,----[ Quote ]
| MontaVista Linux Professional Edition is the embedded Linux platform for
| device developers who want the benefits of open source plus quality,
| integration, support, and rapid time to market.
`----

http://www.fpgajournal.com/news_2008/04/20080414_03.htm

Dual-core processor simplifies embedded Linux OS-based design

,----[ Quote ]
| Expanding its Power Architecture technology processors for the embedded
| industry, Freescale Semiconductor has added a dual-core SoC to its mobileGT
| processor family that is designed to simplify embedded Linux OS-based product
| development and reduce power requirements and system cost for industrial and
| consumer applications.
`----

http://www.eeproductcenter.com/micro/brief/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=207200722

Artila Matrix-514 Linux Ready Industrial Embedded Computer

,----[ Quote ]
| The Matrix-514, from Artila Electronics, is a Linux-ready industrial embedded
| computer. Powered by a 180MHz ATMEL AT91RM9200 ARM9 RISC CPU, onboard 64MB
| SDRAM, and 16MB Flash memory with Linux 2.6 OS pre-installed, the Matrix-514
| provides four independent 10/100Mbps Ethernet ports, four RS-232/422/485
| serial ports, two USB 2.0 ports, and 21 programmable digital I/Os. An SD
| socket is also available for up to 2 GB flash memory storage expansion.
`----

http://www.embeddedstar.com/weblog/2008/04/16/artila-matrix-514/

Timesys Announces Embedded LinuxLink Support for Xilinx Virtex-5 FXT FPGAs

,----[ Quote ]
| Timesys Corporation today announced LinuxLink support for Virtex-5 FXT FPGAs,
| the new system-integration platform from Xilinx with embedded PowerPC 440
| processor cores.
`----

http://www.analoganddsp.com/results.asp?entryid=11985

Lots of Linux in the embedded space this week.

Days ago:

Microsoft Worried Over Linux Dominance In Embedded Space

,----[ Quote ]
| Renames its family of products to target the embedded market.
`----

http://www.efytimes.com/efytimes/26010/news.htm

Who's afraid of embedded Linux? Microsoft

,----[ Quote ]
| ...Microsoft is fighting a losing battle here. It's like gravity.
| Eventually you just stop fighting and learn to accept it. Even Microsoft.
`----

http://www.cnet.com/8301-13505_1-9919632-16.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=TheOpenRoad

Related:

Linux to grow 278% in embedded/mobile/real-time apps

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux use in "next" embedded, mobile, and real-time projects will grow 278
| percent over that in "previous" projects, suggests a recent survey by Venture
| Development Corp. (VDC).

Linux the fastest-growing smartphone OS

,----[ Quote ]