Re: Novell chief: We helped Microsoft be more open ..

____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 17 April 2008 15:05 : \____

> Doug Mentohl <doug_mentohl@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
>> Q: What did you make of Microsoft's open specification promise?
>>
>> .. I give them a lot of credit for their desire to be more open ..
>>
>> Q: And they have only agreed not to sue non-commercial Linux
>> offerings, right?
>>
>> Well, you know, crawl, walk, run... If we weren't in this relationship,
>> then do you think they would be where they are now?
>>
>> Q: So you are saying that your 2006 agreement with Microsoft laid the
>> ground for their alleged commitment to be more open early this year?
>>
>> Absolutely, they have been much more open since that point.
>>
>> http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39369884,00.htm
>
> hahah!  OOXML being a great example of same, then?  And the BBC iPlayer?

Hovsepian has been losing credibility recently. Maybe he's just aiming for a
job somewhere high up at Microsoft (executives are still leaving), in case a
merger/acquisition is made. The same goes for Jaffe, de Icaza and Steinman.
Down on their knees taking turns on Billy...

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    Useless fact: Falsity implies anything
Swap:  1510068k total,   449360k used,  1060708k free,    69896k cached