Re: [News] More Patent Lawsuits, Novell(Microsoft) Defends Patents

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
<brick.n.straw@xxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 16 Apr 2008 21:00:59 -0400
<1pdz0hstfq9w8.1p175wah2g4j6.dlg@xxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 17:05:32 -0700, The Ghost In The Machine wrote:
>
>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Moshe Goldfarb
>> <brick.n.straw@xxxxxxxxx>
>>  wrote
>> on Wed, 16 Apr 2008 19:34:00 -0400
>> <1d6rn3688sl26$.1v9cyot3mqifn.dlg@xxxxxxxxxx>:

>>> And of course it's not a Linux problem.
>>
>> This is indeed a Linux driver problem.  Presumably someone
>> is going to have to look into it and ascertain precisely why
>> Seagate external units disconnect from the main computer.
>>
>> Helpful specifics would of course include:
>>
>> [1] kernel version.
>> [2] Seagate model.
>> [3] other applicable circumstances e.g. heavy CPU
>> utilization, heavy drive utilization, long idle time,
>> inquisitive cat, large tri-legged attacking alien war
>> machines from the planet Mars, ...
>>
>> [rest snipped]
>>
>> --
>> #191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Linux.  Because life's too short for a buggy OS.
>
> So why doesn't someone tell that idiot Roy Schestowitz?

I would presume absent more data that I'm doing exactly
that.  Of course Roy is not responsible for the repair of
the affected drivers -- and others have indicated that
there might be a hardware complication involved.

> It's difficult, and scary, that this rube is in a PHD program.

Which Uni?

> What is he studiyng?
> Rocks?
> Like the ones in his head?

This is getting slightly beside the point, which is the
possible repair of the Linux USB drivers.  Or did you want
to bring in the Hans Reiser trial as well?

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
/dev/signature: Resource temporarily unavailable