[News] Fedora 9 Brings Great New Features to GNU/Linux

Interview: Fedora developers Seth Vidal and Will Woods

,----[ Quote ]
| Once testing starts, is there a lot of work to be done on the technology
| before it’s ready for Fedora 9, or are you quite happy with its current
| status? Are there more features you’d like to see get added, either in the
| Fedora 9 time frame or beyond?
|
| Seth Vidal: There are always more features. :)
|
| Will Woods: There’s a couple of bugfixes and some UI improvements on the
| roadmap for 1.0 (which we plan to release in time for Fedora 9).
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/04/15/interview-fedora-developers-seth-vidal-and-will-woods/

Fedora 9 feature preview - kernel modesetting

,----[ Quote ]
| So F9 will be released in a few weeks so I thought I'd mention a neat
| semi-hidden feature preview.
|
| F9 will contain a preview of the future kernel based modesetting architecture
| for users of Intel 915 and above.
|
| [...]
|
| So far it just enters graphics mode when udev hits, and the X server should
| use the new modesetting architecture from then on. In theory it should give
| nearly flicker free startup from udev until login and X should start much
| faster.
`----

http://airlied.livejournal.com/58778.html

Last week:

Interview: Jeremy Katz on Fedora Live CDs

,----[ Quote ]
| This interview is the first of a series we’ll be co-publishing with Fedora
| Interviews. In this one, Jeremy Katz talks about improvements to Fedora Live
| CDs.
`----

http://www.redhatmagazine.com/2008/04/08/interview-jeremy-katz-on-fedora-live-cds/

What's Cooking in PulseAudio's glitch-free Branch

,----[ Quote ]
| A while ago I started development of special branch of PulseAudio which is
| called glitch-free. In a few days I will merge it back to PulseAudio trunk,
| and eventually release it as 0.9.11.
`----

http://0pointer.de/blog/projects/pulse-glitch-free.html

Recent:

Fedora 9 Beta - my review

,----[ Quote ]
| I have been wanting to try out Fedora 9 ever since I read in an interview
| with the project leaders about 2 months ago that it was going with a KDE4
| default desktop (as far as I can tell, no other distribution has taken the
| plunge). Now Fedora is an interesting beast… it gets little press these days
| yet it has been consistently in the top ten at distrowatch for years, and
| high in the top ten too.
`----

http://silentcoder.co.za/silentcoder/?p=312

Fedora 9 Beta review

,----[ Quote ]
| In one sentence: so far so amazing!  It’s now stable and completely usable.
| I now have a workable F9 system ( rawhide ) which I use daily.  No more F8!!!
| Though we have yet ( one week ) to see the final artwork, but it’s still
| amazing.
`----

http://fengshaun.wordpress.com/2008/03/28/fedora-9-beta-review/

Fedora 9 Beta Preview [screensnots also]

,----[ Quote ]
| It's been almost two months since Fedora 9 Alpha was released, which we
| subsequently previewed. Now with the release of Fedora 9 just being 35 days
| out, Red Hat has pushed out the beta release of Fedora 9 (codenamed Sulphur)
| with many more features implemented and ready to be tested. We have taken the
| time to explore the features of Fedora 9 and the progress that has been made.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora9_beta&num=1

Fedora 9 Beta Screenshots

http://gnuman.com/screenshots.html?gid=29