[News] Linux Benchmarks Now Done Over the Web; Broader Linux Support

Web-based Linux benchmarking site debuts

,----[ Quote ]
| Timesys has joined up with information services company TechInsights to
| announce an online service for Linux developers wishing to benchmark their
| software on specific hardware targets. BenchLab.com combines the TechInsights
| VirtuaLab online lab environment with the Timesys DIY LinuxLink development
| environment.

Linux mobile distro supports Cortex-A8 SoC

,----[ Quote ]
| MontaVista Software announced a version of its mobile phone distribution that
| supports the Texas Instruments (TI) OMAP3430 system-on-chip (SoC). Mobilinux
| for the OMAP3430 is available immediately, says the company.

Yesterday:

Fat, fatter, fattest: Microsoft’s kings of bloat

,----[ Overview ]
| Our tests show that Windows Vista and Office 2007 not only smash Redmond’s
| previous records for weight gain, but given the same hardware diet, run at
| less than half the speed of generation XP
`----

http://www.infoworld.com/article/08/04/14/16TC-winoffice-performance_1.html

Putting Windows On A Diet ... To Compete With Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| How scared is Microsoft of Linux?  There's a hint or two of its fear in the
| fact that MS is preparing a special slim-and-trim version of Windows XP,
| within the next month or two, to run specifically on Asus's Eee PC.  You'd
| think maybe it could have done this slimming-down sooner -- something that
| Linux already does without breaking a sweat.
`----

http://www.informationweek.com/blog/main/archives/2008/04/putting_windows.html

Recent:

Feeling the heat at Microsoft

| you who is Microsoft's biggest competitor now, who would it be?

| to go with that.
`----

http://www.news.com/Feeling-the-heat-at-Microsoft/2008-1012_3-6232458.html?tag=ne.fd.mnbc

Microsoft's SEC: