[News] Heaps of Embedded Linux Announcements Made Today

Aonix Rolls Out Support for Wind River Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| "We’re seeing increased customer demand for real-time Java,” said Rob
| Hoffman, general manager of aerospace and defense, Wind River“...
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080414005075&newsLang=en

Network modules provide processing boost

,----[ Quote ]
| Alpha Micro Components has released the Sagem MO300E and XS300E network
| modules. They are smaller and faster than previous models, and can handle the
| most complex applications thanks to the Embedded Linux operating system, the
| modules open up an entire range of new potential applications. Sagem
| Communications is the first manufacturer to bring together a Linux operating
| system with Edge technology, creating efficient and flexible M2M modules.
`----

http://www.electronicstalk.com/news/alp/alp152.html

Concurrent’s SIGnal Workbench to Offer a Complete Dynamic Analysis Solution

,----[ Quote ]
| Concurrent SIGnal Workbench systems run Concurrent’s RedHawk Linux real-time
| operating system. RedHawk provides the fully-deterministic, guaranteed
| performance needed in high-performance, time-critical test applications. Each
| channel provides a programmable current/voltage output source and a
| fault-protected programmable gain amplifier.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080414005116&newsLang=en
http://tinyurl.com/6s86d3

Freescale Dual-Core Processor Simplifies Embedded Linux® OS-Based Design

,----[ Quote ]
| The MPC5123 processor is bundled with an affordable Linux® OS-based starter
| kit that’s designed to help developers reduce the cost and complexity of
| their applications.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080414005261&newsLang=en

MontaVista Software, Inc: MontaVista Software Supports Embedded Linux
Commercialization for New Xilinx Virtex-5 FXT FPGAs MontaVista quality,
integration, and support will accelerate development of new devices on
Virtex-5 FPGA platform with embedded PowerPC 440 processors

http://www.tradingmarkets.com/.site/news/Stock%20News/1358099/

MontaVista Provides Embedded Linux® Commercialization for New AMCC PowerPC
460EX and 460GT Processors

,----[ Quote ]
| MontaVista Linux Professional Edition is the embedded Linux platform for
| device developers who want the benefits of open source plus quality,
| integration, support, and rapid time to market.
`----

http://www.businesswire.com/portal/site/google/?ndmViewId=news_view&newsId=20080414005354&newsLang=en

Alpha Micro - Smaller networking products are faster and handle complexity

,----[ Quote ]
| Sagem Communications is the first manufacturer to bring together a Linux
| operating system with EDGE technology - creating the most efficient and
| flexible M2M modules available on the market. This gives users, within the
| open Linux environment, a huge processing capacity, multiple interfaces and
| extended memory.
`----

http://www.electropages.com/viewArticle.aspx?intArticle=10589

Atmel and TimeSys Announce Embedded Linux Support for AT91CAP Customizable
Microcontrollers

,----[ Quote ]
| The free BSP enables application developers to rapidly validate Linux on
| the AT91CAP9A Development Board that includes an FPGA for emulation of the
| CAP(TM) Metal Programmable Block for custom logic.
`----

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/show/atmel-and-timesys-announce-embedded-linux-support-for-at91cap-customizable-microcontrollers,349707.shtml

Also mentioned the other day:

ARM9-based micromodules run real-time Linux

http://www.electronicstalk.com/news/tre/tre104.html

Days ago:

Trenz : real-time Linux-based networked micromodules

,----[ Quote ]
| Trenz Electronic announces the availability of SystemBase Eddy V2.x Series, a
| family of ARM9-based networked micromodules equipped with Lemonix real-time
| Linux measuring just 25.0 x 42.0 mm. MMU is now supported, enabling
| developers to explore and compile Linux sources on Eddy without constraints.
`----

http://www.embedded-control-europe.com/prodnews?cat=1&pid=165

Related:

Four billion embedded systems shipped in '06

Linux loyalty runs high among embedded software developers, says VDC

,----[ Quote ]
| Looking ahead, 87% percent of Linux users plan to use Linux in their next
| project. In both cases, use of free distributions outnumbered use of paid
| distributions by a sizable margin.
`----

http://software.tekrati.com/research/9436/

Microsoft cans key conference