[News] GNU/Linux Live CDs Come with Yet Another Book

Book review: Ajax Construction Kit

,----[ Quote ]
| The companion CD contains all the sample projects and the tools one needs to
| run and alter them. Microsoft Windows and Mac OS X users can use the sample
| projects in their own web server environments (if they've set one up), but
| I'm hoping that they will try booting the live CD instead and experience the
| joy of Linux as a nice side effect of learning Ajax. Because the CD has
| XAMPP, Firefox, and the Bluefish editor conveniently bundled and ready to go,
| booting from the live CD will often be easier than trying to set up a
| development environment in other operating system environments. A positive
| experience like this may be just the thing to inspire some new converts to
| the Linux way.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com.au/index.php/id;688817555;fp;4194304;fpid;1

It's a nice new trend.

Recent:

GeekDad Review: Hacking: The Art of Exploitation

,----[ Quote ]
| The book comes with a CD-Rom with a bootable Linux hacking environment so you
| can tinker all you want without affecting your system's normal OS.
`----

http://blog.wired.com/geekdad/2008/03/geekdad-review.html

Related:

Secure web browsing through Live Linux distros

,----[ Quote ]
| Banking isn't the be-all and end-all: there's many other reasons you'd
| want a secure system, separate from what's on the hard disk, besides
| Internet banking. Traveller's can't necessarily trust the integrity of
| a computer in an Internet cafe.

A New Way to Introduce Linux

,----[ Quote ]
`----