[News] Fedora 9 (Beta) Gets Good Review from CRN

Review: Hat Trick For Fedora 9 Beta

,----[ Quote ]
| All in all, Fedora 9 Beta shows that a lot of work is being done to clean up
| the operating system behind the scenes. For basic usage, users might not
| notice a difference, but it's still worth upgrading to when the stable
| version comes out.
`----

http://www.crn.com/software/207200137

Recent:

Fedora 9 KDE Rawhide

,----[ Quote ]
| The beta of Fedora 9 was released just short of two weeks ago, but the Fedora
| Project has released new Rawhide snapshots of Fedora in its live form. No
| installation DVDs are being made available due to bugs, but there are
| 2008-04-04 Rawhide snapshos for both the GNOME and KDE LiveCDs. The KDE spin
| is already upgraded against the just-released KDE 4.0.3 release, which most
| noticeably has KHTML, KWin, and Okular improvements. Here's a few screenshots
| from Fedora 9 Live KDE (2008-04-04 Rawhide).
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=fedora_9_kde&num=1

Fedora 9 Alpha Preview

,----[ Quote ]
| On this Super Tuesday here in the United States, Red Hat has this morning
| released the first and only alpha release for Fedora 9. This ninth Fedora
| release, which has been codenamed Sulphur, will ship in April and go
| head-to-head against Ubuntu 8.04 LTS "Hardy Heron", but what features can one
| expect in this forthcoming release? Among the features being worked on are
| encrypted file-system support, updating the KDE spin to KDE 4.0, PackageKit
| integration, and switching to upstart initialization. In this article, we are
| taking a brief look at Fedora 9 Alpha and the features planned for Fedora 9.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=991&num=1

[Screenshots] Fedora 9 KDE Live Alpha

,----[ Quote ]
| With Fedora living on the front-line of Linux technologies, Fedora 9 Sulphur
| will be shipping with KDE 4.0 as opposed to holding off until KDE 4.1 with
| Fedora 10. With the release of Fedora 9 Alpha this morning, we've taken both
| the GNOME and KDE versions for a test spin. While this alpha release is
| shipping with KDE 4.0.0, and Fedora 9 final release will likely ship with KDE
| 4.0.3, this desktop LiveCD had worked out fairly well in our initial usage
| tests. For your viewing pleasure we've included some screenshots of Fedora 9
| KDE Live Alpha.
`----

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=992&num=1

Fedora Developer Interview: KDE 4

,----[ Quote ]
| KDE 4 is seen by many to be the next big step on the free software desktop,
| while others think releasing 4.0 in its current condition was misleading and
| a mistake. Either way, it's an innovative release and inline with Fedora's
| goal of providing the latest and greatest free software it is set to be the
| default KDE environment in the next major release of Fedora. We caught up
| with a few members of the KDE SIG to talk about the work they're doing to get
| it ready for release, their own opinions on the software and what they think
| about the progress made by Fedora in getting over its GNOME centric
| reputation.
`----

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Interviews/KDE4

Fedora on the Final Frontier

,----[ Quote ]
| There has been a long standing rumor regarding NASA running Fedora which all
| of us in the Fedora community have been always intrigued by. Is it true? What
| are they doing with it there? Why don't they run RHEL. Fortunately enough, a
| couple of weeks ago, I got to experience NASA behind the scenes, first hand,
| and hang out with the coolest members of the Fedora community, and find out
| the answer to these questions and lots more.
`----

http://jaboutboul.blogspot.com/2008/02/fedora-on-final-frontier.html

23,000 Linux PCs forge education revolution in Philippines

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.computerworld.com.au/index.php/id;1163450117