[News] More Signs of Irregularities in Microsoft OOXML in the Philippines

'Transparent process' used to arrive at RP Open XML vote

,----[ Quote ]
| University of the Philippines Department of Computer Science professor
| Prospero Naval, however, was not satisfied with the way the country changed
| its vote.
|
| "There were a lot of things that were not addressed," said Naval who was a
| member of a technical committee led by CICT. He was among those who voted
| against the Open XML format.
|
| Naval stressed that while he is not against Microsoft, he wants the BPS to
| explain how they changed their vote.
|
| "I will accept a 'yes' vote but they should show me the proof. BPS did not
| explain that," he said.
|
| "If the seven comments were addressed, why don't they publish it? They should
| be open to the public," he said.
`----

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/infotech/view/20080409-129331/Transparent-process-used-to-arrive-at-RP-Open-XML-vote

Seems just like another BSI, which is under about 3 attacks/investigations at
the moment (EU, British computer professionals, formal complaint from the
OSC).

Related:

How the Philippines Changed Its OOXML Vote from No to Yes

,----[ Quote ]