Re: [News] GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows

> In article <jnahe5-3n5.ln1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>  The Ghost In The Machine <ewill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Microsoft is working hard to get XP on the Eee sometime late this year.
>> We'll see how it pans out.
>
> Uhm...considering that you can walk into Best Buy right now and buy an
> EEE with XP on it, you might want to consider getting better news
> sources. :-)

   http://gizmodo.com/373820/windows-xp-eee-pc-available-at-best-buy-in-april-pricing-stays-sweet

   The system that will run the Windows XP OS shall be the standard Eee
   PC 4G, which LaptopMag have been putting through its paces for over a
   month. The machine makes a solid impression overall, however, the
   disk space is a bit limited to run Windows XP and additional
   applications on top. Asus are considering dropping in a 4GB SD card
   to aid in the disk space shortage, but nothing has been confirmed to
   that end.

   http://www.amazon.com/s?keywords=Asus+Laptop&rs=541966&page=1&rh=n%3A172282%2Cn%3A541966%2Ck%3AAsus+Laptop&sort=pmrank

I'd rather save the $50.

--
Whether it's Google or Apple or free software, we've got some fantastic
competitors and it keeps us on our toes.