Re: [News] GNU/Linux on the Eee Far Faster Than Windows

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008 16:49:08 -0400, Linonut wrote:

>    The system that will run the Windows XP OS shall be the standard Eee
>    PC 4G, which LaptopMag have been putting through its paces for over a
>    month. The machine makes a solid impression overall, however, the
>    disk space is a bit limited to run Windows XP and additional
>    applications on top. Asus are considering dropping in a 4GB SD card
>    to aid in the disk space shortage, but nothing has been confirmed to
>    that end.

Best Buy was blocked from selling the EEE PC until it aquired a MS license
unless the paid MS additional fees.

This has been a problem with Best Buy for quite a while, being locked into
selling MS products, especially when it is well known how bad their
products are.

Ruben

© Copyright for the Digital Millennium