[News] Advice on Linux/FOSS Advocacy, Taking Business Open Source

How To Be a Linux/Free Open Source Advocate

,----[ Quote ]
| The problem is that the majority of people are used to using Microsoft
| Windows, to doing things a certain way, and Linux does similar things, only
| in slightly different ways.
|
| So, there's a learning process which must involve reading as much as
| possible.
`----

http://reddevil62-techhead.blogspot.com/2008/04/how-to-be-linuxopen-source-advocate.html

Going Open Source Series & Working With Open Source Companies - 3 RedMonk White
Papers

,----[ Quote ]
| Just a few days over a year ago, we wrote two papers at the request of one of
| our clients that was thinking through open sourcing part of their portfolio.
| The two papers in the Going Open Source series are intended to help out
| companies thinking of getting more involved in open source, indeed, going
| open source.
`----

http://www.redmonk.com/cote/2008/04/24/going-open-source-series-working-with-open-source-companies-3-redmonk-white-papers/

Related:

Linux Market to Triple by 2012

,----[ Quote ]
| Analyst firm Research and Markets has just put out a project on Linux-based
| server and client hardware sales, and is projecting that the market will more
| than triple between 2007 and 2012.
|
| A market for a platform is not the same as an ecosystem for it, which is much
| larger in that it includes the cost of people and third-party software and
| services for the code that runs atop the platform. So the R&M Linux market
| numbers might seem a little small. In any event, the consultancy pegged the
| Linux product and services market for Linux running on servers and clients
| (but not embedded systems) at $2.4 billion in 2007.
`----

http://www.itjungle.com/tlb/tlb031108-story07.html

2010: Russia's open software market to grow 4-fold

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://eng.cnews.ru/news/top/indexEn.shtml?2007/05/15/249978