Re: Benchmark: Ubuntu GNU/Linux More Power Efficient Than Vista

____/ William Poaster on Sunday 27 April 2008 00:09 : \____

,----[ Quote ]
| "Ideally, use of the competing technology becomes associated with mental
| deficiency, as in, "he believes in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and OS/2."
| Just keep rubbing it in, via the press, analysts, newsgroups, whatever. Make
| the complete failure of the competition's technology part of the mythology of
| the computer industry. We want to place selection pressure on those companies
| and individuals that show a genetic weakness for competitors' technologies,
| to make the industry increasingly resistant to such unhealthy strains, over
| time."
`----

--- Microsoft, internal document
http://www.groklaw.net/pdf/Comes-3096.pdf

>> One can almost see the snot and puke spewing from your misshapen head, you
>> worthless bag of filth.
>
> One can see Quack defending his beloved M$ yet again.

DRM shortens the battery life of the iPod by 40%, according to something I read
around 2005. No idea if that has changed seen.

DRM: sucking up energy from the planet, for media moguls.

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Windows Vistaster: Newly-coined Windows MEstake
Tasks: 113 total,   1 running, 112 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie