Re: [News] UNIX/Linux Called Real OS; Windows "Insufficient OS"

> Why *I* like Linux and Unix (and Mac OS X too!)
>
> http://aplawrence.com/Linux/why-i-like-linux.html

(That one was a bit trollish.)

> NT influenced by Unix
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| (Gates:) "And through Windows NT, you can see it throughout the design.
>| In a weak sense, it is a form of Unix. There are so many of the
>| design decisions that have been influenced by that environment. And
>| that's no accident."
> `----
>
> http://aplawrence.com/Unixart/gates_quote.html

A posted comment to that:

   Sat Dec 9 16:45:23 2006: Subject:   BigDumbDInosaur
   <i> In any case, these sentences do remind us of the time when
   Microsoft at least had grudging respect for Unix. </i>

   They also continue to remind us that Gates is, parodon the
   expression, a bullshitter par execellence.

--
This is a fantastic time to be entering the business world, because business
is going to change more in the next 10 years than it has in the last 50.