Re: Why is Roy Afraid of Microsoft?

On 2008-04-22, DFS <nospam@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> JEDIDIAH wrote:
>> On 2008-04-20, Borked Pseudo Mailed <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Why is Roy Afraid?
>>
>> Bill is a megalomaniac.
>>
>> He's like Pinky, he wants to rule the world and prevent those of
>> us with different ideas from going about our business.
>
> I wish you would clue us in on these "different ideas" 'cause it seems to me
> the OSS world has no ideas of their own.

    OSS steals their ideas from the same places that Microsoft does.

>> He wants to destroy useful technology companies
>
> wahhhh!!!  Another victim of big bad MS?  No, another victim of your own
> non-competitive technologies and products and marketing.

    Another misguided buffon touting Ayn Rand nonsense.

    The whole point of liberty and capitalism is to avoid something that
    looks like it is the product of a communist central planning regime.

>> limit choice
>
> Limiting choice is what freetard lusers are all about:
>
> *if it's a Microsoft product, ban it.

    Now why do Lemmings have to engage in such weak lies.

> * if it's proprietary, try to build a half-ass "replacement" and use it
> anyway, just because it's free
>

>> and destroy the general quality level of software.
>
> Linux/OSS and all those amateur-hour coders are trying their best:
>
> MS Office vs OpenOffice?
> Visual Basic vs Gambas?
> Oracle vs MySQL?
> Dia vs Visio?
> Nexuiz vs Half-Life2?
> X-Moto vs Motocross Madness 2?
> Evolution vs Outlook?
>
> A real laff riot you guys have going on there!

    You are not the boss of me you powermad wanker.

>> Roy is afraid of Microsoft because Microsoft is intent on making
>> it impossible for Roy to avoid Microsoft if that is his wish.
>
> MS has nothing to do with it.  It's the marketplace that makes it impossible
> to avoid MS.  If MS offered the kind of crappy products that come out of the
> OSS world, there would be no MS.
>

>> Just a guess...
>
> Sounds like a Linux newbie flailing around on his freshly-installed,
> freshly-locked up Ubuntu system...

     You do realize that's an inherent contradiction don't you?

--
     If you think that an 80G disk can hold HUNDRENDS of           |||
hours of DV video then you obviously haven't used iMovie either.  / | \