Re: [News] [Rival] The MSBBC on the 'Windows Ecosystem' (Cybercrime, 320 Million Zombie PCs)

Roy Schestowitz wrote:
How to make something from nothing

,----[ Quote ]
| Many criminals are profiting from technology lapses
| | A whole new way of breaking computer programs intrigues - and worries - | regular columnist Bill Thompson | | [...] | | And it could end up costing a lot of people a lot of money as they fight back | against a new wave of viruses, trojans, keyloggers and other malware built | using the techniques he outlines - although of course that isn't Dowd's goal | in publishing the paper. `----

Not checking the return value of malloc()? FFS! Basic. Cardinal. Sin. I thought it was bad enough that the world's largest software manufacturer employed dumbasses who don't check lengths of memory before stuffing it into buffers but this is ridiculous!

I wonder how long this flaw would have taken to be exposed if flash were open source.