[News] Unmasking the Gary Steart

New article:

Unmasking the Anonymous Internet User

,----[ Quote ]
| Companies and their employees at times face the difficult issue of protecting
| themselves from cybersmears by anonymous Internet users. One of the most
| problematic issues is the tension between identifying what is protected
| speech under the First Amendment and the standard that must be met in order
| to obtain the identity of an anonymous poster who has used the Internet to
| spread damaging statements.
`----

http://www.law.com/jsp/legaltechnology/pubArticleLT.jsp?id=1208515559507

Old USENET posts (to keep in mind for future reference or in case someone wants
to serve a lawsuit):

He mainly focuses on /comp.os.linux.advocacy/ but he regularly (cross-)posts
to other groups, & to non-computer related groups.

Gary Stewart on c-24-60-155-178.hsd1.ma.comcast.net

This was investigated & tied this very same address to the "linux-sux troll.
This address is a cable user in Mass.
Apparently Gary Stewart IS the linux-sux troll as well as being the flatfish
troll.

He lives at one of these addresses:

93 Thayer St, Millville, MA

30 Chickatawbut St, Dorchester, MA