[News] Many Big GNU/Linux Releases Coming; LinuxFest Northwest 2008

New Distro Releases on the Horizon

,----[ Quote ]
| Spring is in the air and that can only mean one thing: several popular Linux
| distributions are getting ready for their next release. Let's take a look at
| the upcoming versions of Fedora, Ubuntu, and openSUSE to see what's new,
| what's improved, and what will be worth the wait.
`----

http://ostatic.com/159300-blog/new-distro-releases-on-the-horizon

Just announced:

LinuxFest Northwest 2008

,----[ Quote ]
| LFNW is the showcase for what people in the Northwest are doing with Linux
| and open source software. It's a place for Linux enthusiasts to get together
| to share their passion for what good software can do. This is an opportunity
| for everyone... satisfy your curiosity... get free stuff... ask experts...
| explore the latest in software technology... support freedom... experience
| the magic of grassroots software.
`----

http://www.linuxfestnorthwest.org/

Self-explanatory cartoon:

The Bizarre Cathedral - 1

,----[ Quote ]
| Announcing a brand new cartoon strip, exclusive to FSM!
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/bizarre_cathedral_1

Related:

Primary school goes Ubuntu

,----[ Quote ]
| I prepared 5 CDs and installed 14 PCs in less than two hours,
| including account setup and Firefox preparation (start page to a
| kids friendly site, Adblock).
`----

http://www.gadgetguy.de/2007/03/12/primary-school-goes-ubuntu/

Kubuntu Takes Over Georgia; Ubuntu Summit Video

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/2797