[News] H-P's Linux Support Claimed Half-hearted

HP loves Linux the Windows way

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, unless you’re used to the fact that your hardware vendor offers you RPM
| or DEB packages for Windows products, it shouldn’t surprise you that HP
| offers only Windows executables as a way to support its Linux products...
`----

http://blog.wpkg.org/2008/04/17/hp-loves-linux-the-windows-way/

Apologism:

Why Microsoft should not lose (and free software will still win)

,----[ Quote ]
| Let’s face it Microsoft are an easy target when it comes to protesting
| against proprietary licencing. They are—after all—the largest and most
| obvious proponent of that particular form of consumer control.
`----

http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/columns/why_microsoft_should_not_lose_and_free_software_will_still_win

Recent:

HP offers Linux home server

,----[ Quote ]
| HP has unveiled a Linux-based home media server at half the price of its
| Microsoft-based MediaSmart model.
`----

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/personal-computer-world/news/2214568/hp-offer-linux-home-server

KDE 4.0 on HP 2133 Mini-Note

,----[ Quote ]
| Last week HP announced it's Mini-Note PC with preloads of SUSE Linux
| Enterprise Desktop 10. Our heros of the Mobile Devices Team have worked the
| last weeks on that. The Mini-Note is available in different configurations
| starting at $499 (that would be only 313 Euro if applied for Europe without
| surcharge). All editions share the form factor, the nearly full-size keyboard
| and the nice display (1280x768). So I had to lend one from Mobile Devices
| team and play with it.
`----

http://www.kdedevelopers.org/node/3398

HP Media Vault 2100 Linux Server Reviewed: One Kick-Ass Little Penguin

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://gizmodo.com/373711/hp-media-vault-2100-linux-server-reviewed-one-kick+ass-little-penguin