[News] Increasing Demand for GNU/Linux Business Reported

Unlocking The Future: Open Source Opportunities In Custom Systems

,----[ Quote ]
| Where Maser sees opportunities for open source at Seneca is in the desire for
| customers to load operating systems based on Linux or Red Hat Inc.. "What
| we're starting to see customers coming to us to provide the installation we
| provide on the Microsoft side on the Linux side," he said. "Several customers
| are coming to us looking for the latest and greatest version of Red Hat,
| because they want the support—typically the issue with open source is not the
| writing and building out of code; a lot of it is about support."
`----

http://www.crn.com/white-box/207100859

Recent:

Moving to Linux : Why the increased demand?

,----[ Quote ]
| Linux is gaining. It’s almost impossible to miss, even for non-techies. Not
| only that, those non-techies are demanding it. Linux interest is spreading,
| perhaps driven by the dissatisfaction with the latest OS from Redmond.
|
| [...]
|
| These days, even the Micro$ofties are running Linux. You have got to love
| that.
|
| On top of this, there is a younger generation coming up that is more
| tech-savvy. They also more freedom and options. They want to explore
| possibilities. Linux offers the ability to do this. Especially as it develops
| and becomes better.
`----

http://www.suseblog.com/?p=286

Related:

Desktop Linux on the Rise, Linux Foundation Reports

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,2220549,00.asp?kc=EWRSS03119TX1K0000594