Re: Roy Schestowitz

High Plains Thumper <highplainsthumper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> nessuno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> High Plains Thumper wrote:

>>> Posting on topic in favourable light of Linux is terrible,
>>> isn't it?
>>>
>>> Linux has worked well with me.  OTOH, even Microsoft MVP's
>>> shun Vista:
>>>
>>> http://aspnetresources.com/blog/vista_sucks.aspx
>>>
>>> [quote] Help with the launch? No, thanks
>>>
>>> As a diligent Microsoft MVP, I wanted to volunteer to help
>>> the mother empire with the Vista launch. I would go to a
>>> local BestBuy or CompUSA and help Microsoft promote the new
>>> OS. But after this experience, you won?t drag me there even
>>> with a free Zune. I just can?t offer people to buy such
>>> crap. I?m sorry for people who will buy and install it. Hey,
>>> at least I?m being honest about it! [/quote]
>>>
>>> Here is a hum dinger:
>>>
>>> [quote] Freeze-ups
>>>
>>> I couldn?t even suspect I?d have so much use my the Reset
>>> button. If I put Vista to sleep, things go very wrong once I
>>> wake it up. IE 7 freezes everything so bad, that you can?t
>>> even bring up the Window Task Manager (CTRL-Shift-Escape
>>> does not respond). I don?t know if the networking drivers
>>> crap themselves over, and I don?t really care. My Reset
>>> button is now shiny! [/quote]
>>>
>>> Who wants to use this Vista slopware?
>>
>> I'm confused.  For a minute there I thought you were DFS
>> talking about Linux!
>
> Sorry to pull a "John Bailo" on you, LOL!  Every time I read the
> crap that DFS spews, it amazes me how stupid it really sounds.
> He is just trolling, pulling up whatever his IE search pulls up,
> even if it regards an unstable testing version or hardware that
> has not yet been proved on the system.
>
> Only time I have had some really odd difficulties with Linux is
> when I have installed unreleased software still in testing or
> development, had a problematic motherboard chipset (early release
> with hardware bugs), forced the wrong driver for the job or had
> bona fide hardware problems.
>
> OTOH, Vista has proved its points.  I know of no one at work who
> wants the OS.  All are under the impression it is crapware.
> Stick with XP if you want to remain Windows.

I've just taken a look at Amazon's top sellers list - it would seem that
the huge success of Asus Eee, Macbooks and N810s has resulted in them
(and other vendors) dropping their prices massively on Windows machines.
The DSG experience is far from unique - it's starting to look like a
liquidation sale.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |