Re: [News] Argentina Considers National Migration to Free Software, Joining Others!!

> Argentina Mulls Open-Source Move
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
>| Argentina may become the first country in the world to require all government
>| offices to use open-source software, pending the outcome of a bill recently
>| introduced in the nation's congress.
> `----
>
> http://argentinadiscovery.nireblog.com/post/2008/04/13/argentina-mulls-open-source-move
>
> With Ecaudor, Venezuela and the EU making similar moves recently (see below),
> Microsoft is truly in trouble.

Hoist by their own petard, I should say.  If they'd been a little less
aggressive at trying to pervert and corrupt international standards
bodies, and at trying to lock the whole world into paying them royalties
for using a computer in any way, they might've been in a somewhat better
state now.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |