Re: [News] Tesco Stops Defective-by-Design-only, Windows-only Downloads

____/ Mark Kent on Monday 21 April 2008 08:18 : \____

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/04/15/tesco-breaks-free-wma-chains

>>> I used the Waitrose/Occado online service for years, excellent website,
>>> easy to use and they were very reliable.  Until the final two deliveries,
>>> where the driver lied about where he was, turned up an hour early and
>>> had dropped some food.
>>>
>>> Used Sainsbury a couple of times, but now on riverford for organic
>>> vegetables, eggs and meat; wine warehouse for beer (2 cases usually come
>>> in at < £1 per pint, good beer, too) and sainsbury for other stuff.
>>> I'm looking at sourcing fish & cheese away from supermarkets, too,
>>> as I seem to get both a better price and a better quality that way.
>>>
>>> In any case, none of the above do MP3s that I'm aware of...
>>
>> I've done that with Sainsbury's since 2003, but they only sell CDs. They are
>> very reliable in general, overall.
>>

> My personal view is that if you want an MP3, buying the CD and then
> ripping the MP3 is the best bet...

...More expensive though, unless you want an entire album with tracks from the
same artist/s (which nowadays means getting a 'single', maybe a couple, and
some drumbeat 'space fillers').

Roy S. Schestowitz      | Microsof(fshore)t Window(ntime)s Vista(gnating)