Re: [News] At Least 20,000 Web Sites Compromised in March

> ____/ Mark Kent on Thursday 17 April 2008 15:19 : \____

>>> Hackers Tuck Attack Code Into UK Government Site
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,144149-pg,1/article.html
>>>
>>> The real number is probably far greater, so before the munchkins ridicule
>>> for PHP-based application coding bugs, they ought to be aware that Windows
>>> servers are affected without exception, as reported in the news many times
>>> already.
>>>

>> What on earth are HMG doing using Windows servers?  They're expensive,
>> unreliable, insecure, and, well, expensive.  Linux is inexpesive, highly
>> reliable, and far far more secure.  This is not one of those complicated
>> management decisions - even MBA types should  be able to do this one...
>
> They need to be able to /SUE/ someone if something goes wrong, remember? That's
> their selection criterion. And by the way, Linux is not different in that
> respect, but myths and perception stymie adoption where the
> propaga^Hliterature and pamphlets took over.

Indeed, but that can readily be achieved by having an independent
integrator and/or support house.  Having Windows as the OS is pretty
much irrelevant to the "whom do I sue?" question.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |