Re: [News] Lindependence 2008 Video: Kid Installs GNU/Linux for the First Time in 10 Minutes

* DFS peremptorily fired off this memo:

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>
> <quote>
>
>> It takes a significant multiple of 25 minutes to do a clean install of
>> Windows XP or Windows Vista.
>>
>> http://ztrek.blogspot.com/2008/08/from-pile-of-components-to-ubuntu-linux.html
>
> You already posted this lie earlier today.  It's still a lie.
>
> Over and over and over again, we see Linux lusers consistently proving
> themselves to be liars.  They lie about Linux (it just works!), and they lie
> about Windows.  But the world knows better, and *rejects* their crapware and
> isn't fooled by their lies about their crapware.

Man, you got a warped groove.

When I talk to other Linux users at work, we all talk about the little
problems we experience.  And I think we're basically up front about
trying Linux.  Try a live CD, see if you like it.  It's similar in some
ways to Windows, but also different.  You gain some stuff, you lose some
stuff.  It will take you a few weeks to completely comfortable with it.

I think most Linux users are like that.  Nobody likes to mess with their
friends.

--
In the Halls of Justice the only justice is in the halls.
		-- Lenny Bruce