[News] T-Mobile Uses Linux Against Apple

Updated: T-Mobile USA Will Ditch The Traditional Deck To Mirror Apple’s App
Store

,----[ Quote ]
| It also gets credit for being one of the first carriers to join Google’s
| (NSDQ: GOOG) Open Handset Alliance to support the Android operating system,
| which is also expected to give developers a more direct path to subscribers.
| T-Mobile is expected to launch an Android handset this year.
`----

http://www.moconews.net/entry/419-t-mobile-usa-to-revamp-content-strategy-in-the-fall-to-mirror-apples-ap/

Recent:

T-Mobile tips broad push for open platforms

,----[ Quote ]
| T-Mobile is expected to be the first carrier to field a cellphone using
| Google's Android platform when it launches a handset using the software later
| this year. Ultimately it will support many devices using the Linux-based
| software with links to Google's Internet services.
`----

http://www.eetimes.com/news/latest/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=207401396

Related:

T-Mobile USA Partners with One Laptop Per Child Program

,----[ Quuote> ]
| T-Mobile USA, Inc. today announced it is partnering with One Laptop per Child
| for its Give One Get One initiative. T-Mobile is offering one year of
| complimentary T-Mobile HotSpot access to people who donate an XO laptop to a
| child in a developing country through the campaign.
`----

http://techluver.com/2007/11/02/t-mobile-usa-partners-with-one-laptop-per-child-program/

T-Mobile and Sprint embrace open source

,----[ Quote ]