Re: [News] [Rival] Microsoft CEO Ignorant, Unable to Understand Free Software

On 2008-08-08, Rick <none@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Fri, 08 Aug 2008 19:50:22 +0100, Mr Spock wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:35:33 +0000, Roy Schestowitz wrote:

[deletia]

>> In the sense of more users, more hardware driver support, bigger
>> software packages, etc, etc, etc. But NO, you all have fun bitching like
>> spoilt little bratts, making linux sound like its a playschool dinky toy
>> OS, and actually nothing to be taken seriously.
>
> Go bitch at the hardware vendors for not writing drivers.

Having seen what this sort of stuff look like under Windows for the
Hauppauge 1212, I would much rather have some guy from the user
community do it.

No control. No tranparency. Some special purpose special app just
to use the hardware rather than just being able to plug the new
device into just about anything (mythtv, xine, vlc, mplayer).

So much for the apis that are supposed to be so spiffy in Windows.

--

	Metallica is not worth the ruination of someone               |||
	who has pirated their music                                  / | \