Re: [News] 7% of the PCs in the UK Claimed to Have No Windows

Tony(UK) <tony_smith100@xxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 21:02:44 +0200, Hadron wrote:

>> "as you know" - this has sock written all over it.
>
> I'll leave the use of these to others. Don't assume. Thank you for your attention.
> My Usenet name is Tony(UK) and has been since 1994. Prick.
> Anyway, don't stick your nose into other people's business.
> I was answering Gary/Flatfish/Moshe whatever his name is.

Ah, you're getting the baptism of fire, here, Tony.  Gary is his real
name, this chap is called, I believe, Schneider.  Hadron, Gary, and
their ilk will do anything to trawl you into an argument.  They are
profoundly dishonest.

>> For goodness, sake for every Linux user that "boycotts" the BBC there
>> are probably 10 Windows one who do the same for whatever mad cap reason.
>>
> Err, and your point is what exactly? Mad cap reason? I won't elaborate, as there is no point as you come from
> outside the UK, but it has to do with STM, capping and iPlayer ISP battles about bandwidth. Please don't
> pretend you know what goes on here as you don't care, so don't try to argue.

>>> The BBC is /was/ revered and respected around the world - that doesn't
>>> necessarily mean the people living in the UK hold the same views about
>>> it anymore.
>>
>> Don't be ridiculous.
>
> I wasn't - actually, I was making a statement. Just because you don't agree, it is 'ridiculous' is it?
> Live in the UK for 53 years. Then see what is ridiculous and what isn't.
>>

>>> As an aside, I note your use of the word 'Retard' in previous threads,
>>> and your subsequent apology. I am disabled myself, and appreciate that
>>> it is easy to use these words in anger, but harder to acknowledge that
>>> it is wrong to do so. Thank you for doing that.
>>
>> "Retard" in this sense means "retarded" not disabled. There is a
>> difference.
>
> Now, that /is/ ridiculous. A retard means (in the context that it was written):
> 2. A mentally retarded person. [Colloq. and disparaging]  [PJC]
> From The Collaborative International Dictionary of English v.0.48
> .....which is a disability - and I know far, far more on than that subject than you'll ever know.
> Now shut it.
>
> Tony(UK)

tony - please, killfile these idiots, you will /never/ get a reasonable
response from them - they're here to annoy you until you react
unreasonably, and then will shout about it forever.  You will not meet a
more reprehensible, dishonest, immoral bunch than these anywhere else.
There may be comparable ones, but there're none worse.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |