Re: [News] Sheldon Goldberg an Exposed Patent Troll; Ubuntu Takes Defensive Stance

Linonut <linonut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> espoused:
> * thufir peremptorily fired off this memo:
>
>> On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 19:39:59 -0400, DFS wrote:
>>
>>> Kind of how Linux Format magazine accepted ad dollars to run 'Dell
>>> recommends Windows XP Pro" ads... and they create their magazine with
>>> proprietary operating systems and programs.
>>
>> Apparently its the parent publisher who accepts those ads?  I don't see
>> why not to accept the ads, their money is green, but I suppose some
>> wouldn't.  What's the point of recomending XP in a Linux mag?  I doubt
>> that XP ads run in Mac mags.  Different hardware, I guess, so a bit of
>> mixing, err, "apples and oranges."
>
> I doubt Roy has a choice in the matter, except to find another host, who
> will probably have the same modus operandi.

The idea that foss is anti-commerce is a straw-man brought into this
group on a regular basis by off-topic, anti-charter posters like Timmy
and DFS.

--
| mark at ellandroad dot demon dot co dot uk                           |
| Open platforms prevent vendor lock-in.  Own your Own services!       |