[News] Sylvania Notebooks to Run GNU/Linux

Sylvania g MESO and MAGNI netbooks to arrive soon

,----[ Quote ]
| Starting with the netbook g MESO, it feature 8.9-inch screen, 80 GB hard
| drive and comes with an option of 512 MB or 1GB RAM. For consumers who prefer
| 512 MB RAM option, the g MESO, shining in black chassis, supports Linux-based
| Ubuntu netbook remix operating system. While the 1GB RAM option is said to be
| compatible with both Ubuntu and Windows XP operating systems.
`----

http://www.techgadgets.in/laptop/2008/02/sylvania-g-meso-and-magni-netbooks-to-arrive-soon/
http://tinyurl.com/5cbk64

- From the company behind the Linux-only Webbook:

Our new website

,----[ Quote ]
| I will be packaging the template up shortly. It’s GPL and will be available
| for download from the site, probably under the resources section somewhere.
`----

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2008/07/28/our-new-website/

Recent:

Say hello to the webbook

,----[ Quote ]
| The really cool thing about the webbook is the software. The webbok comes
| pre-loaded with Ubuntu 8.04.1 and some new software written especially for
| this application that delivers broadband connectivity over 3G Mobile
| networks.
`----

http://www.theopensourcerer.com/2008/07/24/say-hello/

Acer bets big on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Acer has stated that it will be pushing Linux aggressively on its laptops and
| netbooks.
`----

http://www.vnunet.com/vnunet/news/2218172/acer-pushes-linux-hard

Microsoft sees slide in profits