[News] SCO Fined for Linux Slander in Germany. Is Microsoft Next?

German Court: SCO Must Pay a Fine. Yes. Again.

,----[ Quote ]
| SCO was enjoined from making certain claims in Germany, and it signed an
| agreement in 2003 not to say them there, because its alternate choice was to
| have to prove them immediately, so it chose silence. As a result, SCO can't
| say in Germany that Linux violates SCO's IP or that end users could be liable
| for violations of SCO's intellectual property or that Linux is an
| unauthorized derivative of UNIX. Unless it can prove it. Good luck with that.
| SCO hasn't been successful proving that anywhere, so it can't say that in
| Germany. But the US website makes such claims, which were apparently shown in
| Germany too. Naughty, naughty.

Some Pictures Worth a Thousand Words - Caldera OpenLinux Lite

,----[ Quote ]
| I have some screenshots from an old Caldera OpenLinux Lite CD that a member
| still had in his possession to show you. They disprove certain allegations
| SCO has made regarding Linux, I think, in the IBM litigation. For example,
| SCO claimed that it never released anything under the GPL. And it tried to
| allege that some headers and other features were their property and that
| Linux infringes them. I will show you differently.

The Goldfarb Declaration - Updated: MS Statement

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.catb.org/~esr/halloween/halloween10.htm