[News] Review of the Latest Linutop GNU/Linux PC

Linutop 2.2: A desktop where smaller is better

,----[ Quote ]
| Linutop has a lot going for it: solid build quality, adequate software
| bundle, extremely low power consumption, and the easy-to-use configuration
| utility. With its €280 (approx. $435) price tag, Linutop is not the cheapest
| machine out there, but the money buys you one of the smallest and greenest
| computers on the market.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/144677

Recent:

Review: Think small with Linutop 2

,----[ Quote ]
| Shipped from Paris, the Linutop 2 costs $440 plus $40 for delivery and
| arrives in about a week. Linutop 2 will never be a performance PC for video
| editing, CAD or gaming, but is perfect for most office and personal uses that
| don't require Windows software. Neither too big, nor too small, Linutop 2 is
| just right.
`----

http://www.computerworld.com/action/article.do?command=viewArticleBasic&articleId=9110525&source=rss_news50
http://tinyurl.com/6f5qz4

Pint-sized PC has offsite OS, low power-use

,----[ Quote ]
| Web browsing is provided by a Firefox browser, and instant messaging is
| provided by Gaim, now known as Pidgin, which supports a lot of protocols
| including AIM, Google Talk, MSN, and Yahoo etc.
`----

http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/tech/06B24AA794794D87CC2573F60074D27B

Related:

Linux-based mini PC upgraded

,----[ Quote ]
| French mini-PC vendor Linutop is shipping an upgrade to its compact, Xubuntu
| Linux-based computing appliance. The Linutop 2 offers a faster 500MHz Geode
| processor, 512MB of RAM and 1GB of Flash, along with a new optional VESA
| mounting bracket.

Lean, green, open source machine

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linutop is touted as a mainstream PC that can be used in shops, bars,
| kiosks and schools, or anywhere where desktop space is at a premium. Its tiny
| size also means that it is suitable to be embedded in cars, airplanes or
| boats, or in a digital signage offering.
`----

http://www.linuxworld.com/news/2008/021508-lean-green-open-source.html

Linutop Mini Linux PC Reviewed - Damn Small Linux Hardware

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linutop is a small Linux PC. Of course, if you think the Mac Mini is
| small, then perhaps the words, incredibly miniscule are closer to the mark.
|
| Running a customised version of xubuntu Linux, this little box could replace
| your desktop for most common tasks, including what you're doing right now.
|
| And if this wasn't impressive enough in a box slightly larger than a Nintendo
| DS, the Linutop does it all drawing a maximum of 5 watts - That's less than
| an energy saver light bulb!
`----

http://www.digitalreviews.net/reviews/pc-hardware/linutop-mini-linux-pc-reviewed-damn-small-linux-har.html
http://tinyurl.com/2kyd8y

Linutop v1.2: low-power Linux desktop Revisited

,----[ Quote ]
| Tech reviews are very much a snapshot process, making a decision after a
| relatively short period of time and of a single incarnation of the product.
| Useful, yes, but not an exact facsimile of living with something day in, day
| out that you’ve bought yourself.
`----

http://www.slashgear.com/linutop-v12-low-power-linux-desktop-revisited-048829.php

Linux web PC makers tout Linutop-like wares

,----[ Quote ]
| Linutop's recently announced Linux-based ultra-compact PC may have
| grabbed the hardware headlines earlier this week, but its rivals
| didn't take long to start shouting about their own take on the
| web-oriented unit.
`----

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2006/11/30/diskless_linux_web_pcs/

Linutop: Tiny Linux Computer On Sale

,----[ Quote ]
| Get ready for a bonkers-ly small Linux machine, called Linutop, as
| it comes on sale.
`----

http://digital-lifestyles.info/2007/05/02/linutop-tiny-linux-computer-on-sale/

SlashGear Review: Linutop's fanless Linux PC

,----[ Quote ]
| Much to my shame, Linux is something of a mystery to me.  Actually,
| I think they should teach at least the basics of it in school
| computing classes, alongside English and at least one foreign
| language (though don't ask me about my French abilities either), but
| this is neither time nor place for my election campaigning.  And so I
| look on with maudlin self-disgust at promises of Dell laptops with
| Linux pre-installed, or clever thumb-drives and Live CDs that offer
| a chance to fiddle with the OS without ruining your everyday copy of
| Windows; I inevitably fold when faced with some sort of command
| prompt.  Perhaps, then, you?ll wonder why I was so keen to try the
| Linutop, a surprisingly compact and silent diskless computer that
| runs a specially tweaked version of xubuntu.
`----

http://www.slashgear.com/slashgear-review-linutops-fanless-linux-pc-315515.php

[Video Review] Review: Linutop

http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1005937