[News] BT Develops Free Oprn Source Software

Community Live - Osmosoft's TiddlyWiki Hackathon and Pizza on Rails

,----[ Quote ]
| Osmosoft is a name that not too many people have heard of. It is an
| unconventional part of BT, working as a hot house open source lab and
| focussing its development on TiddlyWiki.
`----

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/open/Community-Live-Osmosoft-s-TiddlyWiki-Hackathon-and-Pizza-on-Rails--/features/111336

Recent:

BT joins enterprise open-source community

,----[ Quote ]
| The communications and IT giant has already been a member of the Linux
| Foundation since 2005. According to a Wednesday statement, BT joined
| FossBazaar because it wants to help "accelerate the adoption of free and
| open-source software in business". Apart from the Linux Foundation, other
| sponsors of FossBazaar include HP, Novell, Google and SourceForge.
`----

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/communications/0,1000000085,39452068,00.htm?r=1

Related:

Open source in BT

,----[ Quote ]
| Yesterday we had an open source event in BT's auditorium called "Open
| source - open for business". If you'll excuse the rather corporate-sounding
| title, it was actually a really cool day. There were elements of preaching to
| the converted - a large proportion of the audience were already open source
| advocates - but I'm sure those who were new to the subject would've left the
| event inspired by how compelling the argument in favour of open source has
| become.
`----

http://philwhitehouse.blogspot.com/2007/11/open-source-in-bt.html

BT powers up to save money

,----[ Quote ]
| It came up with a plan to replace 13 Windows and Unix servers with just two
| Dell 2850s running Linux and VMware server virtualisation technology.
`----

http://www.australianit.news.com.au/story/0,24897,22552048-24169,00.html

BT Joins Linux Phone Standards Forum

,----[ Quote ]
| The Linux Phone Standards (LiPS) Forum, adding to the growing momentum of
| standards-based mobile Linux, announced today that BT PLC [LSE: BT Group] has
| joined the consortium and will participate in the group's specification and
| standardization activities
`----

http://www.embedded-computing.com/news/db/?8517

BT says 'enough' on GPL

,----[ Quote ]
| BT has published much of the relevant code here and clearly believes
| it has done more than enough to comply with the GPL.
|
| But the Free Software Foundation Europe remains unimpressed.
|
| They told us: "Armijn Hemel of gpl-violations.org analysed the
| source code and said that some of the necessary code is missing.
| For example, a top level Makefile and the scripts that would be
| used to properly generate a firmware image have not been included.
| A script or file with the uClibc configuration is also mandatory.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/01/29/bt_says_enough_gpl/

Popular broadband router open to VoIP hijacking

,----[ Quote ]
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/01/21/bt_home_hub_voip_hijacking/