Re: Microsoft Tries 'Stealing' Developers from #1 Threat

  • Subject: Re: Microsoft Tries 'Stealing' Developers from #1 Threat
  • From: Rex Ballard <rex.ballard@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 17:28:20 -0700 (PDT)
  • Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy
On Aug 14, 2:13 am, Roy Schestowitz <newsgro...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> Microsoft continues to woo open-source developers

> ,----[ Quote ]
> | MANILA, Philippines -- Microsoft is set to launch a developer program aimed
> | at local companies creating applications using the open-source model.
> `----

Actually, it's a bit more sinister than that.  Microsoft will let you
look at some source code, that they will give you for free, if you
sign a license agreement that, in effect, means that you can't write
software for any platform other than Windows without getting
Microsoft's prior written permission.

And we know how good Microsoft is about giving prior written
permission to do something favorable to competitors and unfavorable to
Microsoft.  You might get the approval - when you're eligible for
retirement income such as Social Security or government pension.

And even then, only if you get a note from the doctor saying that you
have Alsheimer's or Dimentia and can't remember anything long enough
to do anything with it.

Bill's retiring :-D