Re: [News] [Rival] "<Vendor> Recommend Vista" is a Big Paid-for Lie

On Wed, 13 Aug 2008 14:10:29 -0400, Ezekiel wrote:

> "Mark Kent" <mark.kent@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>>>
>>> The biggest Blue Screen of Death ever
>>>
>>> ,----[ Quote ]
>>>Olympics | committee and Lenovo, a major backer of the games, had
>>>deliberately chosen to
>>>Vista.
>>>known
>>>chosen not
>>>problems." |
>>>line
>>>remember: | They're lying.
>>> `----
>>>
>>> http://blogs.computerworld.com/the_biggest_blue_screen_of_death_ever
>>>
>>> This "recommends" thing should be illegalised. It's false advertising.
>>> It's paid for. It's misleading and corrupt.
>>>

>> It's an interesting point.
>
> No. It's actually an idiotic point.

No, it's an interesting point. I'll bet you were one of those people that
supported Microsoft's  per processor and per system contracts, weren't you?

That "recommends" thing is just another example of Microsoft using it's
cash and monopoly power to steer customers away from competing products
without having to actually compete, while artificially lowering the price
of their products and undercutting the competition.

>> One wonders if this should be
>> taken up with the ASA?
>
> Go for it. I'm sure they need a good laugh.
>
>         "Recommend - (transitive verb): To endorse"
>
> Oh yeah... how scary and illegal this is. We can't have people or
> companies actually endorse or recommend things can we.

Rick