[News] Midori is GNU/Linux, Windows is Dying

Microsoft Is Giving Up on Windows

,----[ Quote ]
| It's true: Microsoft has confirmed that it's abandoning Windows as we know
| it. Cagey as ever, the Microsofties won't say when it'll happen, but they
| have talked a little bit about what the next OS is going to look like--or not
| look like.
|
| [...]
|
| Midori for Linux?
|
| One of my smarter-than-me buddies, Gary F., told me that Linus Torvalds
| worked on something called Midori a few years ago, an embedded Linux for
| mobile devices: "I doubt Microsoft would ever release something that could be
| traced back to Linux, but if I recall correctly, Transmeta's Midori had some
| rudimentary 'cloud computing' features vaguely similar to Microsoft's
| Midori." Read "Details emerge on Transmeta's "Mobile Linux" and "Transmeta
| Exports Midori Linux to China" for details.
`----

http://www.pcworld.com/article/149709/microsoft_is_giving_up_on_windows.html

Working with Vista, revisited

,----[ Quote ]
| However, I'm not going to be staying in Vista-land. Since I do have other
| choices, I still prefer Mac OS X and Linux.
|
| The Start menu in Vista (and all other iterations) has become far too ornery
| for me. Navigating to new apps, or to find apps is annoying and too clumsy.
|
| [...]
|
| I was quite annoyed that when common devices such as mice, USB flash drives,
| and so on were inserted into the system, it takes Vista quite a long time to
| locate and install the drivers. In Linux and Mac OS X, these devices are
| usable nearly instantly.
`----

http://weblog.infoworld.com/venezia/archives/018125.html

Recent:

Microsoft to kill Windows with 'web-centric' Midori?

,----[ Quote ]
| Microsoft continues to downplay the importance of Midori by saying it is just
| a research project.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/30/microsoft_midori_technical_details/

Microsoft loses 90 Billion Dollars [in less than a year]

http://slated.org/microsoft_loses_90_billion_dollars