Re: [News] Dell Launches GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks Shortly, Expands Offers

thufir wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 15:39:46 -0500, Sinister Midget wrote:
>
>>> There's more good news coming. Dell has just begun using Linux as
>>> complementary to compete better and offer added value. Just like ASUS,
>>> they play Microsoft Yo-Yo. Now it's Microsoft that runs begging to the
>>> OEMs...
>>
>> Let me tell you, when you have places like Target selling the Eee 2G,
>> and CompUSA selling the Eee 4G, Eee PC 900 and the Sylvania Netbook G,
>> MS needs to really start worrying.
>

> We're hopefully nearing that "thing" known as competition and maybe
> moving away from monopoly :)

It's a strange world, isn't it?

Here's thee and me, and all the other Linux enthusiasts, eagerly looking
forward to free markets and competition, and *still* being called communists,
cheapskates and free-loaders......

Ah well, never fear, for verily it is written that the geek shall inherit the
earth....