Re: Roy Schestowitz Doesn't Even Understand The Implications of the GPL

On 2008-08-31, robert.e.clayton@xxxxxxxxx <robert.e.clayton@xxxxxxxxx> claimed:
> You might try googling "Robert Clayton Ubuntu"

Not sure why it didn't show up with "Robert E. Clayton", but "Robert T.
Clayton" did. Not sure why "Robert Clayton" didn't turn it up either.
But it sure as heck did when I stuck "Ubuntu" on the end. Curious.

I stand corrected.

Still nothing in usenet groups that I could find, though. So maybe or
maybe not flatfish, Quook, Timmy or some of the others. But part of the
question still stands: With no previous history that I could locate on
usenet, what prompts the first post to be one that attacks Roy? Why not
keep it in the forums in which it was already taking place? Why would
you think one or more of us would even care?

Perhaps you didn't think about the possibility that most of us skim
what Roy posts, maybe reading one or more a little closer, and only
bothering to read further on the ones that interest us, usually
following the links provided. We'll only be influenced by that which we
allow to influence us. That rarely encompasses everything any one
person says or does.

In my view Roy's credibility may or may not be intact. But I don't give
a whit about how credible he is when he's posting mostly links to other
places. That being the case, the importance of credibility lies with
those from whom he quotes. His comments are separate, and minimal. He
has as much right to be wrong as he does to be right.

As for the things he says, I take away those things I tend to fall into
areas that I already know about and/or fall within the scope of common
sense. Since little I see from him that matters to me falls outside
either of those, I have no problem with him.

Oh. You're mad because you view his previous (and possible current)
take on something as wrong. If being incorrect made us all enemies of
everybody around us, nobody would be cordial to anyone, anywhere. We're
all wrong sometimes.

--
Friends don't let friends use Windows.