Re: Roy Schestowitz Doesn't Even Understand The Implications of the GPL

"raylopez99" <raylopez99@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:ad5dc640-ca4c-4e84-aacd-78734ca6fec5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Aug 30, 2:36 pm, Jean-David Beyer <jeandav...@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Richard Stallman has long traded on some vague association with MIT
>> even though he has no degrees from MIT nor is he a faculty or staff >> member
>> there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman

I would not compare Richard Stallman with Roy, that's for sure, after
reading the Wiki entry on the former:  "[Stallman] - His doctoral
pursuits in physics became a casualty of this calling; however,
Stallman has since been awarded six honorary doctorates and two
honorary professorships.(see list below)"

Well, I think that is a lot overstated. He has no degree from MIT. Period. He spent a partial term in a graduate program at MIT for physics but completed nothing as far as a degree is concerned. He pursued the the PhD in physics for just a few months, long enough, apparently to dissuade him from that goal. Shestowitz claims to have done more than that.