[News] Exciting Developments Around Firefox Extensions, Dillo Turns 8

New Firefox Plug-In Double-Checks So-Called Unsafe Sites

,----[ Quote ]
| Like other new browsers, the latest version of Firefox has made security a
| top priority, and it will alert the user if a site you're about to click on
| appears to be a hacker's hook. However, the way it and other browsers go
| about determining that sometimes results in false positives. A new Firefox
| plug-in adds an additional layer of verification.

- From Firefox user to Extend Firefox contest winner!

,----[ Quote ]
| I got involved with the Extend Firefox contest because when the betas came
| out it was clear that the browser was growing to a whole new level. There was
| just so much potential to explore in basically every aspect of the browser.
| And the Extend Firefox 3 contest was the perfect fit, encouraging developers
| to leverage the new potential that Firefox 3 brings.
`----

http://blog.mozilla.com/blog/2008/08/27/from-firefox-user-to-extend-firefox-contest-winner/

A Beginner’s Guide to Firefox Extensions

,----[ Quote ]
| Note from possible248 (main author of CodingExperiments): freezewarp is a new
| author here. You won’t find much info on him by Googling his nick because he
| recently abandoned his old one.
`----

http://codingexperiments.com/archives/162

Dillo is eight years old!

,----[ Quote ]
| After a very slow 2006, and a project stop in year 2007, the new 2008 came
| with a renewed work force that kept working steadily behind the scenes. The
| fruits of this effort are a new and stable dillo based on FLTK2 (aka dillo2),
| that has more features, bug fixes, goodies and half the memory footprint of
| the GTK1-based dillo!
`----

http://www.dillo.org/8years.html

Recent:

Firefox 3: Top ten extensions

,----[ Quote ]
| If you're one of the 22.5 million people (and counting) across the world that
| has downloaded Firefox's new web browser, then chances are you'll be keen to
| customise it for your own individual needs.
`----

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/main.jhtml?xml=/connected/2008/06/27/dlfirefox127.xml

Firefox 3: Top five themes

,----[ Quote ]
| It's not just the way Firefox works that you can tweak and personalise to
| your heart's content - you can alter the way it looks too, using something
| called "themes".
`----

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/connected/main.jhtml?xml=/connected/2008/06/27/dlfirefox227.xml

Streamlined Firefox 3 makes browsing safer, more productive

,----[ Quote ]
| Firefox 3 is a wonderfully crafted release. It has new features and
| improvements all across the board, from the user interface to processing CSS.
| The release pays special attention to security, and in keeping with the times
| allows users to replace desktop apps with Web apps for tasks such as replying
| to email. Mozilla has also added smart features to existing components, like
| the download manager, bookmarks and history organizer, and add-ons manager.
| Despite all the new bling, Firefox 3 isn't bloated, and in a variety of tests
| comfortably outperforms previous Firefox releases.
`----

http://www.linux.com/feature/139209

My Experiences with Firefox 3.0 on Linux, Windows and Mac OS X

,----[ Quote ]
| Loads up in three seconds, a real rocket! Firefox 3 integrates with your GTK+
| theme, so you’ve got some cool visual consistency going on which is actually
| an exception in Linux.
`----

http://www.internetling.com/2008/06/23/my-experiences-with-firefox-30-on-linux-windows-and-mac-os-x/

Related:

Firefox 3: rocking on Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| A few people have been noticing how good our support on Linux has gotten
| during the Firefox 3 development cycle and I thought I would post to try and
| point out some of the good stuff that we have coming down the pipe.
`----

http://www.0xdeadbeef.com/weblog/?p=325

Firefox 3.0 Beta 2 Is A Win For Linux

,----[ Quote ]
| Mozilla has released the latest beta of Firefox 3 today, and the Linux
| efforts behind it are starting to show even more. This release, being a beta,
| is surprisingly stable. Here’s the killer that makes this beta release
| amazing: true GTK support.
`----

http://fosswire.com/2007/12/20/firefox-30-beta-2-is-a-win-for-linux/

Personas from Mozilla Labs give Firefox a sleek coat

,----[ Quote ]
| I probably won't use Personas much myself since I greatly prefer the
| unadulterated GTK look in Firefox 3, but the addon is very intriguing from a
| technical standpoint. The way that Personas takes Firefox's Internet
| capabilities and leverages theme to bring dynamic content to the Firefox
| chrome layer is very creative and it reflects a lot of possibilities that I
| had never previously considered.
`----

http://arstechnica.com/journals/linux.ars/2007/12/16/personas-from-mozilla-labs-gives-firefox-a-sleek-coat

Update on the Firefox 3 Linux Theme