Re: [News] [Rival] Dvorak Rips Windows Vista

<newsgroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 wrote
on Wed, 27 Aug 2008 23:19:12 +0000
<2621868.HOv66TlyIq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Windows PCs Subject to Clogging, Need Draino
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | The release of a new OS begins both a new hardware buying
> | cycle and an upgrade cycle. Since the buying cycle is
> | stretched to six years or more, you end up with an
> | interesting phenomenon: The upgrade cycle is contaminated
> | with machines too old to upgrade. This causes the entire
> | system to break down because the upgrade cycle immediately
> | feeds back into the perception of the new product.
> | In the situation with Vista, too many old clunkers
> | couldn't be upgraded and the OS was given a bad reputation.
> | This was worsened by Microsoft itself discouraging upgrades
> | and admitting to problems. Combined with the Apple attack
> | ads the public perception of Vista skewed to the negative.
> `----

Somebody is slightly clueless.

> Related:
>
> Windows Vista: Sold but not deployed
>
> ,----[ Quote ]
> | Microsoft says it remains happy with enterprise sales of Vista -- however,
> | the software behemoth acknowledges that many businesses which have bought
> | Vista licences are yet to deploy the software.
> `----
>
> http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Windows-Vista-Sold-but-not-deployed/0,130061733,339284495,00.htm

Or sell the hardware it's actually on, by some accounts. ;-)
Microsoft gets paid.  The hardware sits.  The users wonder.

[rest snipped]

#191, ewill3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Conventional memory has to be one of the most UNconventional
architectures I've seen in a computer system.