[News] [Rival] Apple's CEO Breaks the Law Again

Steve Jobs thinks he is disabled

,----[ Quote ]
| APPLE MESSIAH Steve Jobs has been a bit sick lately but according to US
| gossip reports it could be a lot worse than anyone thought.
|
| The sultan of smug has been seen parking his motor in a disabled carparks in
| Palo-Alto much to the horror of Apple fans who believe him to be capable of
| healing the sick with his beautiful entertainment toys.
`----

http://www.theinquirer.net/gb/inquirer/news/2008/08/26/steve-jobs-thinks-disabled
http://tinyurl.com/5ugeuf

Here's a prettier new Linux-based 'beautiful entertainment toy'.

Get a whiff of Asus' scented laptops

,----[ Quote ]
| Something to note about Eee PC maker Asus' new line of fragrant laptops: the
| lifespan of their scent depends on how much you use the computer. If you make
| an F6 your primary machine, therefore, chances are great it will gradually
| lose its invigorating ocean-at-dawn aroma and end up smelling like an old IBM
| ThinkPad.
`----

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10024415-1.html

Related:

Apple's Jobs brushes aside backdating concerns

,----[ Quote ]
| After presiding over a 50 percent rise in Apple's stock over the
| past year, CEO Steve Jobs can afford to shrug off shareholder
| questions about stock option backdating and environmental policies.
`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-6182965.html

Apple board backs Jobs against ex-CFO allegations shock

,----[ Quote ]
| Apple's Board of Directors is backing CEO Steve Jobs after former
| CFO Fred Anderson accused Jobs approving the company's stock
| option backdating. Anderson settled civil charges against him
| Tuesday without admitting any guilt, but agreeing to pay back
| approximately $3.5m to make up for personal gains in the scandal.
`----

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/04/25/apple_q2_revenues_2007/

Options troubles aren't over for Apple

,----[ Quote ]
| But one of the accused -- former Chief Financial Officer Fred Anderson --
| pointed a finger at his former boss, Steve Jobs, raising new accusations
| that experts say could land Jobs in some legal hot water if true.
|
| [...]
|
| Gene Munster, a financial analyst at Piper Jaffray, said Anderson's
| accusations will fuel investors' worries over Jobs and his critical role in
| Apple's continued success.
|
| "It gives the appearance that, 'I had a partner in crime and it was Steve
| Jobs,'" Munster said.
`----

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070425/ap_on_hi_te/apple_stock_options

Microsoft's past stock options practice poses questions

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://news.zdnet.com/2100-3513_22-6084617.html