[News] If You Thought Ubuntu Was Easy, You Haven't Seen Enough

Is Ubuntu Really the Most User Friendly Distribution?

,----[ Quote ]
| For several years, Ubuntu has been synonymous with user-friendliness. A Web
| search quickly unearths dozens of articles that suggest that Ubuntu is the
| distribution you should give non-technical people to introduce them to
| GNU/Linux. It even won a "Most User-Friendly Linux Distribution" award, which
| you might think confirms its status.
|
| However, like all conventional wisdom, this association is worth exploring.
| For one thing, you have to wonder whether comparisons for user-friendliness
| have any relevance in free and open source software (FOSS). For another, what
| exactly are the characteristics of user-friendliness? Moreover, does
| stressing user-friendliness mean ignoring other values -- perhaps equally
| important ones?
`----

http://itmanagement.earthweb.com/osrc/article.php/3766771/Is+Ubuntu+Really+the+Most+User+Friendly+Distribution?.htm

Mandriva is very easy. Very. Easy.

Recent:

PCLinuxOS an easier Linux Operating System

,----[ Quote ]
| I’ve been thinking of switching my Operating System on my computer for quite
| some time. Out of all the Linux distro’s I have tried, I have found one and
| it’s name is PCLinuxOS.
`----

http://h8ersclub.com/pclinuxos-an-easier-linux-operating-system/

Things which I’ve learned while using Ubuntu!

,----[ Quote ]
| Well, it’s been some time that I’ve used Linux and I’ve learnt or you can say
| that enough experiences with it that I can write such an article where I
| share my experience with Ubuntu :
|
|    1. It is easy to install.
|    2. Live CD gives you everything which you’ll experience with installed
|       Ubuntu.
|    3. Software Repository (apt-get) makes installing software too easy.
|    4. Software/OS updates is as simple as clicking 1 button!
|
| [...]
|
|   29. I don’t have to worry about Viruses & malware (well, I don’t have to
|      even for Windows, it’s just some common sense and you can stay away from
|      all troubles).
|   30. For me, Ubuntu is the best distro ever built for desktop computing.
`----

http://www.reviewsaurus.com/aol-google-microsoft/things-which-ive-learned-while-using-ubuntu/

Linux Mint, The Ubuntu That Should Have Been?

,----[ Quote ]

`----

http://www.pcmech.com/article/linux-mint-the-ubuntu-that-should-have-been/