Re: [News] Wrap-up of Year of GNU/Linux Sub-notebooks

Hadron wrote:

> 7 <web_has_email@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> Hadron wrote:

>>> I always laugh when I hear about "very useful" dashboards. As if that in
>>> itself is why people choose an OS/WM!
>>

>> Whether you love Linux or has dark plans for it, Linux is here now to
>> stay. Linux show down has begun with netbooks and I can't see
>> Appil/Windummy axis gaining any further traction.
>
> Well, except for dominating sales in a new sector.

Linux is now trying to connect with consumers.
As the connections become stronger, there will be more
traction for Linux with retailers. I am already seeing
some gadget stores carrying Linux developer kits!!
But seriously, with the increased traction, a straight
choice will emerge between products containing Linux
and those without. I guessing product managers will
start specifying more Linux gadgets and software to switch
to stocking more of it. Linux technology has a lot
fewer problems - so few that product managers to accountants
rarely notice what is bringing in the bacon for their business!!!