[News] First Preview of Red Hat's Virtualisation Framework

RedHat’s new oVirt virtualization host looks promising.

,----[ Quote ]
| I just stumbled upon some screenshots of RedHat’s oVirt project.  I hadn’t
| heard of it before, but now I can’t wait to see the finished product.  oVirt
| is a new frontend for KVM which provides libvirt service and hosts virtual
| machines and a web-based virtual machine management console.
`----

http://omegamormegil.wordpress.com/2008/12/27/redhats-new-ovirt-virtualization-host-looks-promising/

Recent:

Red Hat acquires Qumranet

http://www.heise-online.co.uk/open/Red-Hat-acquires-Qumranet--/news/111466

Hypervisor Visionary

http://redmondmag.com/reports/article.asp?EditorialsID=757

KVM backer takes virtual desktops on the road

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/07/01/qumranet_multi_site_ice/

Red Hat announces embedded Linux hypervisor

http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/0,1000000121,39436036,00.htm

Ubuntu 8.04 KVM Benchmarks

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=ubuntu_virt_benchmarks&num=1

Related:

Ubuntu picks KVM over Xen for virtualization

http://www.news.com/8301-13580_3-9867657-39.html?part=rss&subj=news&tag=2547-1_3-0-20

The truth about KVM and Xen

http://blog.codemonkey.ws/2008/05/truth-about-kvm-and-xen.html

KVM and Xen cofounders engage in war of words

http://blogs.zdnet.com/virtualization/?p=415