Re: Microsoft Advised to Lay Off Over 9,000 Employees

____/ 7 on Sunday 28 December 2008 20:56 : \____

> Roy Schestowitz wrote:

>> Microsoft advised to lay off over 9k employees
>>
>> ,----[ Quote ]
>> | New York: The world's top software firm Microsoft has been asked to cut
>> | its workforce by 10 per cent, or about 9,100 employees, to tell the
>> | market that profits are more important than revenue growth in difficult
>> | times.
>> |
>> | Brokerage firm Oppenheimer & Co's analyst Brad Reback has said in a
>> | report on Microsoft that such layoff exercise "would be a healthy move
>> | for the company."
>> `----
>>
>> http://www.financialexpress.com/news
> microsoft-advised-to-lay-off-over-9k-employees/403898/
>

> It would be more interesting to know if the bad news of lay offs has been
> leaked to this guy to allow investors to sell of their stocks.
>
> In which case this becomes straight forward insider trading.
>
> I can't imagine an outsider could make such grandiose decisions
> for Balmer.

This aspect of FraudStreet has been discussed for years, but because the market
was run on fraud[*] and was therefore surging, nobody seemed to bother and
complain.

Robert Bach, a vice president from Microsoft, got busted for inside-trading as
well. The toothless tiger called the SEC didn't bother doing anything. It
never does, even after a Microsoft insider blew the whistle on his company's
fraud, which a judge could confirm had enough evidence to have the case
proceed. Microsoft bribed this insider $4 million to drop the case and destroy
the evidence. This guy, Charlie, is still in Washington area (art galleries
and all). The SEC also let SCO off the hook before the surprising Chapter 11
and it let NOVL off the hooks despite admission of misconduct (as said
privately to Matt Asay).

We live in interesting times. And with 10.2 trillion in debt and sagging market
caps of _KEY_ companies (assets), I think China will soon rise.

http://shanghaiist.com/2008/12/27/chinese_nationalism_indoctrination.php

___
[*] The Madoffocker was the chairman of the NASDAQ.

- --
                ~~ Best of wishes

Roy S. Schestowitz      |    $> apt-get -not windows