Re: Do the world a favor and rid of of Schestowitz scum

After takin' a swig o' grog, Ruel Smith belched out
  this bit o' wisdom:

> DFS <nospam@xxxxxxxx> said on 2008-12-25:
>> Roy Schestowitz wrote:
>>
>>> Richard Stallman: A non-free program
>>> systematically denies the users the freedom to cooperate; it is the
>>> basis of an antisocial scheme to dominate people.
>>
>> RMS is confused and paranoid.
>>
> I have great respect for Stallman. He does sound paranoid sometimes.

It's not paranoia if they're out to get you.

   http://weblogs.asp.net/jezell/archive/2004/11/01/250588.aspx

   Sudhakar has a link to a post by Richard Stallman that illustrates just
   how paranoid Stallman is of Microsoft. It is quite amusing: ...

   http://www.gnu.org/bulletins/bulletin-001.html

   Just before the mid-term elections, we saw the next round of attacks in
   Microsoft's campaign against the GNU GPL. Adam Smith, a Congressional
   Representative from the state of Washington, who is well-funded by
   Microsoft lobbying dollars, circulated a "dear colleague"
   letter discouraging government use of GPL'ed software. Like all the
   Microsoft attacks of the last eighteen months, it backfired and Smith
   backpedaled within two weeks. Even though Steve Ballmer has now declared
   GPL'ed software "enemy number one", ousting the likes of Oracle
   and Sun, we still remain the wily adversary. Microsoft so far knows only
   how to fight competitors like themselves -- companies interested in
   subjugating users by restricting them. For now, Microsoft and other
   proprietary software companies remain unsure how to oppose a movement
   whose primary goal is software liberation. Our adept responses to their
   attacks have kept them off-balance.

That's just one angle of attack from Microsoft.

> Many users simply don't care about closed and open source as long
> as they have the ability to acquire software that can read/write their
> documents while not leaving their comfort-zone.

Aye.

--
When you're not looking at it, this fortune is written in FORTRAN.